Large UK potato processor operating 24 hours a day, 364 days a year. Main operations include peeling and slicing potatoes for crisp production.
High Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) and Total Suspended Solids (TSS) in screened effluent. White and grey starch contamination of existing treatment systems. No access to recycled water. High Mogden charges and sludge disposal via tankers.
– Re-design of in-factory white starch recovery and dewatering system using screens and decanter centrifuge
– Design and installation of re-cycled water circuit
– Upgrade sludge removal pumps from primary clarifier
– Install Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) system with coagulant and polymer (flocculant) dosing system.
– Install decanter centrifuge with polymer (flocculant) dosing system
Project Conclusion Statistics
Ability to re-cycle water back to factory processes and reduce consumption of fresh water on site
White starch available for sale